light spice with no fuck ups.

simply salty ideas, thoughts, and art to take over your blank life...
                                                             
                                     need help? 
                                                                  theothergirl21@gmail.com


excuses to live.

  • photographer
  • cook
  • part-time girlfriend
  • thought enthusiast
  • dancer
  • make-up artist
  • (art credit: deviantart.com)

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Against the Pressure


Ice Skating, fencing, boxing, tennis, and gymnastics... Individual Sports... enough said. All alone you and the game, no one else to depend on but you. Five days a week, six hours a day, thirty minute warm up, four routines/ four events, one hour conditioning, half an hour stretch, three water breaks, and eight years of joy, sweat, and blood between me and the game. The pressure was so intense I can see my heart beat through the shiny leotard, feel my stomach clench into a rock, and hear my nerves rattle until a tear sheds. When it's just you and the game, it engulfs your life... not that you don't have the time to yourself, but when you're all alone you can't help but think, breathe, and sweat gymnastics. South Bay Gymnastics was my home, Chris, Jerry, and Paola were my parents and heroes, and gymnastics was my drug for life. Seven levels passed, one state competition, one pinch nerve, five hundred blisters, one broken elbow and wrist, fifty moments of defeat, a hundred of glory, and five years later, I live no regrets.... just memories of pride.

No comments: