light spice with no fuck ups.

simply salty ideas, thoughts, and art to take over your blank life...
                                                             
                                     need help? 
                                                                  theothergirl21@gmail.com


excuses to live.

  • photographer
  • cook
  • part-time girlfriend
  • thought enthusiast
  • dancer
  • make-up artist
  • (art credit: deviantart.com)

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

there are nice people in L.A.

So today I decided to do the Hollywood thing: be a health freak, jog two miles, grab the latest new york times bestselling fiction, have a protein smoothie with all the veggies you need, and run into a bunch of conceded anorexic bitches in their designer shades, shoes, and bags. Before I left to run the streets of Hollywood I anticipated to see about 40 immigrant perverts, 30 crazy bums, 20 teen perves from the fox hills mall, 20 hype beasts, 10 possible psycho killers and rapists, and about 500 road raged/rude pedestrian los angeles usuals walking and driving along la brea, hollywood blvd., vine st, and highland ave. I was ready to keep my pace up to avoid all of these hollywoodians and run pass them as I stay in my own zone. I went a block on Willoughby Ave. and as I was warming up I couldn't help but notice someone on a bike looking over to catch my attention, I was expecting a "hey baby, I'd like a piece of that ass", but surprisingly, I got a sweet, "hey, hope you have a nice day". I looked back in estrangement and smirked to myself. As my trip went on I continued to run as fast as my asthma let me, and then another two guys gave me the most genuine and sentimental "hello (I have no interest in imagining  you naked at the moment)". So at that point, I decided to walk. I loved it....it was actually the most calming and enjoyable walk I've had in a long time. And to change my perspective: there ARE nice people in LA. Don't be afraid, take a walk.

or maybe it was the spandex.

No comments: