light spice with no fuck ups.

simply salty ideas, thoughts, and art to take over your blank life...
                                                             
                                     need help? 
                                                                  theothergirl21@gmail.com


excuses to live.

  • photographer
  • cook
  • part-time girlfriend
  • thought enthusiast
  • dancer
  • make-up artist
  • (art credit: deviantart.com)

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

heart - in - a - box


I feel like we leave our hearts in open boxes.
the brave ones stand proud and wear them on their sleeves
but for most they're in open boxes
they're never out in the open
never in human hands
just in an open box to show everyone that you're alive
its in a box that protects it and never lets it get hurt
but when we do decide to love someone
we hand them our hearts
we risk it getting dropped, damaged, hurt
what they do with it is up to them
but all we seem to do is watch them play with it
we trust them
but when they do decide to return it
it's damaged
but the thing about the heart is
it gets stronger every time
and always has its box.

I think i've learned to wear my heart on my sleeve.
I trust me.
I don't need a box.

No comments: